Our local section is volunteer-run and we are always looking for individuals who wish to get involved. It is a great way to learn more about this area’s design community and collaborate with professionals who are interested in their profession. If you would like to become more actively involved, feel free to contact our section president or any of the officers.
Established in 1976, our section has approximately 100 active members that reside in the area of North Carolina from the Research Triangle (Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill) to the coast. Our membership includes a diverse group of professionals including lighting designers, architects, engineers, manufacturers, interior designers, electrical contractors, facility managers, and salespersons, just to name a few. Please view our program calendar for upcoming events locally and nationally.
Through our monthly meetings and educational programs, the section provides a value-packed, quality encounter by drawing upon the abundant resources from our community of high-profile lighting professionals and national speaking resources. Our monthly meetings are as diverse as our membership; there is something for everyone. Our various educational programs offer introductory material for the beginners, as well as advanced materials for those with a deeper foundation illuminating engineering. The programs allow you to acquire Continuing Education credits for Professional Engineers in NC, and for the LC and CLEP programs.
Section Officers 2022-2023
- President: Mai C. Zakerin, LiteSource
- Vice President: Katherine Hershey, TEAM Lighting
- Secretary: Tracy Van Auken, Dewberry
- Treasurer: Kelly Cox, Apogee Consulting Group, PA
- Past President: Bob Henderson, RHL Lighting, Inc.
Board Members 2022-2023
- Lynn Davis, RTI International
- Leah Robinson, Pivotal Lighting Design
- Christine VanLeeuwen
- Special Events Chair: Bob Henderson, RHL Lighting, Inc.
- Communications Chair & Newsletter Editor: Christine VanLeeuwen
- Special Projects Chair & Newsletter Co-Chair: Leah Robinson, Pivotal Lighting Design
- Nominating Chair: Kelly Cox, Apogee Consulting Group, PA
- Recognition Chair: Katherine Hershey , TEAM Lighting
- Illumination Awards Chair & Tradeshow Co-Chair: Turquoise Shaw, Blue Lighting Consultants
- Tradeshow Co-Chair: Ervin Kulenica
- Education Co-Chair: Aparna M. Sproelich, OneBGroup/Aurora Group/Triange Lighting Solutions
- Education Co-Chair: Greg Johnson, Loring Consulting Engineers
- Membership & Emerging Professionals Chair: Kaitlin Rider, SESCO Lighting, Inc.